The Committee on Information and Communications Technology, Science, Technology and Innovation addresses the following issues:
- Integration of information and communications technology related issues in development policies, plans and programmes;
- Transfer and application of information and communications technology at the regional and subregional levels;
- Information and communications technology, including space applications, for disaster risk reduction;
- Development of human and institutional capacity in the use of information and communications technology and in the use of science and technology for innovation;
- Policy options and strategies for enhancing cooperation on the generation of and access to science, technology and innovation for sustainable development, including regional mechanisms for technology transfer;
- Mainstreaming of science, technology and innovation issues in development policies, strategies and plans.